Saturday, November 3, 2012

Weird to Think


Every girl dreams of getting married… For me I had my dream wedding all planned out for the dress, colors, season, all I needed what the groom. When Martijn and I were talking wedding plans we had two dates in mind May or Dec. I personally didn’t want a Dec wedding that is going to be a busy month for us. Martijn’s birthday, Sinterklass, Christmas, New Years plus it so cold. Winter was not my idea, spring wedding with purple and green. Purple was my great grandma’s favorite color and green goes so well with it.  But when Martijn and I talked about the date, we felt that December was the time. My parents wanted the wedding May for a lot of reasons but Martijn and I live so far away from each other it would be really hard for us. So we prayed and fasted and went to the temple. We both felt that December. So the plans began, we had to change the colors and I found a collage of colors that I truly love.
Where it all started. Love the colors





My mom took over with the wedding details and is doing amazing job. We found my dress, venue, Alden’s dress, flowers, cake and pretty much everything is done. Of course we have the little things to do.


As the plans are coming together, I am starting to realize that I am getting married. I really have dreamed of this moment since I was a little girl. But the thing that gets me the most is the wonderful guy that I am marrying. He is everything that I want and so much more. I realized that the plans really don’t matter but the thing that truly matters is the person that you are marrying. I am one who loves the bride/wedding show but I was able to see what truly mattered to them. Was it the wedding or the man who was more important them? The little details melt away when you have found the person of your dreams and whom you are suppose to be with. When the man is right the wedding is not the happily ever after but the next 50 to eternity is the Happily ever after. We are so blessed in the church of Jesus Christ to be able to marry our sweethearts for eternity. I am truly excited to be married. But of course it is so weird for me to think that I am getting married. But it seems so normal when it is the most amazing man ever!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment