Sunday, October 28, 2012

Our engagement

Our engagement story:

Right when I got home from my mission, I flew out to Salt Lake to meet Martijn. We hadn't seen each other since the last day at Bahnhof (main train station) when he finished his mission. I was a bottle of nerves. I really was excited to see him but didn't really know what to expect. When we finally saw each other at the airport it was like a huge part of me was finally filled. I realized how much I truly love this man.
We spend the next few hours talking and really enjoying being together. So we flew out August 3. The next day was our first date!! We walked around Salt Lake and to see what was there and what we could do for the next few weeks.
We went and saw Brave. My first movie since I had been home.
                                             Really cute and fun to watch for a first date.
But that night, when Martijn was taking me "home", he brought with him, his bag. I really didn't think much of it till his Grandma said something. But there was a purpose to the bag. We went and talked in the gazebo in the courtyard. We had just said a prayer together to end our night. When Martijn got on his knee and asked "Susannah Joan Jackson, will you marry me?" (Side note: those words are the most amazing words a girl could hear) I paused confirming with the Lord that this was right and just to make him wait...the boy has to learn patience some time. :) But I already know that it was right and that I was going to Martijn Joep Boom. I said yes, and he goes to his bag and pulls out the ring. Which was a shock because one he told me that he wasn't going to buy a ring that he was going to buy my ticket to Salt Lake. But it was a shock and I really love the ring. Small and simple.....


The engagement ring....



 Honestly I couldn't ask for a better man. He is truly my best friend and the one I want to spend the rest of my life with!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment